Melba College’s commitment to producing world-ready young people includes providing a range of outstanding international experiences.
These experiences variously facilitate:
- language learning
- cultural understanding
- the development of friendships and partnerships
- personal growth - independence, maturity, problem solving
- community development
German Exchange Program
This annual extended immersion experience involves:
- a 4-week homestay with a family in Berlin
- language, cultural and historical studies
World Challenge Program
This bi-annual team-building program sees students embark on a challenging expedition and community project in South-East Asia. The experience involves:
- life skill development in communication, teamwork, risk management, negotiation, delegation and money management
- 4 major components: acclimatisation, trekking, a community project, rest and recreation
Melba College Instrumental Band Tour
- National and international tours are planned on a regular basis.
- Wind Symphony and Concert Band members of required playing standard can apply.
- Tours include a wide variety of performances and sightseeing activities.
- In April 2014 the Band toured the west coast of the United States. Other tours have included far north Queensland and New Zealand.
- These tours are run in partnership with the Healesville High School Bands.