Melba College’s commitment to producing world-ready young people includes providing a range of outstanding international experiences.
- language learning
- cultural understanding
- the development of friendships and partnerships
- personal growth - independence, maturity, problem solving
- community development
German Exchange Program
This annual extended immersion experience is offered to Year 11 VCE German language students. It runs on a reciprocal home stay basis with families from our German sister school Wilma-Rudolph-Schule in beautiful Charlottenburg in Berlin. The aim of the exchange is to promote language skills, cultural interest and historical understanding. It includes:
- a 3 week stay in Berlin usually mid-November till mid-December
- attendance at classes with host-partners during school time
- a 4-day tour and stay in a youth hostel in Munich in Southern Germany
- day trips to Bremen, Rothenburg ob der Taube and Dresden
- excursions to museums and sights in and around the German capital, Berlin.
Melba College Instrumental Band Tour
- National and international tours are planned on a regular basis.
- Wind Symphony and Concert Band members of required playing standard can apply.
- Tours include a wide variety of performances and sightseeing activities.
- In April 2014 the Band toured the west coast of the United States. Other tours have included far north Queensland and New Zealand.
- These tours are run in partnership with the Healesville High School Bands.