Melba College provides an outstanding educational experience for 650 students in the Croydon area on discrete Junior and Senior campuses.
Choose Melba College for:
•it’s clear direction and innovative approaches
•it’s professional learning and leadership opportunities; and
• your personal satisfaction.
We have a clear vision, philosophy and set of values that drive the daily work of:
• helping all students develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions to achieve their personal and academic potential
• preparing learners, individuals and citizens to make meaningful contributions and live enjoyable, fulfilling lives
• providing broad ranging curricular and co-curricular opportunities for learning.
As a teacher at Melba College you will be
• respected as a professional; a colleague whose collaboration in realising the school’s vision will be highly valued
• welcomed through a comprehensive Induction Program
• held to high expectations
• the beneficiary of multiple sources of feedback on your teaching
• supported in instructional practice improvement, including peer observation and coaching
• involved in a collaborative Professional Learning Team
• given access to high quality professional development
• encouraged to develop leadership skills and given leadership opportunities
• able to express your interests and contribute your expertise through the co-curricular program
• making a critical investment in our students and their futures.
If you are a passionate educator or Education Support applicant who can fully commit to:
• our vision, values, philosophy and strategic agenda
• your own ongoing learning journey
• taking every student from where they are to where their potential lies then this is the College for you.
Melba College invites applications from teachers of all experience levels; Graduate to Expert and Education Support staff in the areas of administration and integration.
Instructions for Applicants
School based vacancies are managed through the Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) Recruitment Online system.
• Cover sheet: name of applicant, record number (if relevant), home address and contact details, position title and vacancy number
• CV: a summary of qualifications and experience
• Response to the selection criteria: up to 7 pages is recommended
• Referee details: the names and contact details of up to three referees who can provide information regarding the applicant in relation to the key selection criteria.
Please contact Daily Organiser, Nichole Schoch with any further enquiries.
Detailed information about the college can be obtained through the following links: